What About Plastic Surgery
Aesthetic Plastic Surgery refers to surgical procedures that represent a blend of art and science. The word aesthetic has been defined as "the appreciation of beauty or good taste". The word plastic is derived from the Greek word plastikos, meaning to mold or shape. Aesthetic Plastic Surgery refers to procedures that reshape normal structures of the body to improve one's self esteem, and to revert the effects of aging or excessive weight changes on the face or the body.
Recently there have been a great demand for plastic surgery procedures for several reasons:
- increased exposure through the media
- trivialization of cosmetic operations, loss of taboos and better acceptance
- ease of access and reduction in cost and -most recently- cosmetic loans
- marked increase in safety levels in anesthesia
- advances in techniques leading to improved results
- increased safety of bariatric (weight reducing)surgery leading to excessive skin laxity all the body.
Typically, all Plastic Surgery procedures are best accomplished when the surgeon has a true sense of what is beautiful and therefore aesthetically pleasing, thus providing the patients with the result that best matches their architecture and build.